Did you know that an alarming number of small businesses fail simply because of unintentional poor planning and preparation?
You have an idea for a potential new business, or are busy with an existing one. You have the resources, the enthusiasm, and the ability to make it all happen. What you may NOT have is all of the information you need to avoid unnecessary mistakes and real trouble.
There are plenty of user-friendly software programs and resources available, but all still require a knowledgeable person to utilize them. Most of us would not consider brain surgery or an engine rebuild to be a ‘DIY’ project – we would seek out the guidance of an expert. Starting or operating a business deserves the same kind of attention!
Here are some important questions to ask yourself:
- Is the chosen business entity structure appropriate for my needs?
- Have all state-level filings been kept current?
- Will I need a CPA, Accountant, Bookkeeper, Tax Preparer, or Advisor?
- Am I paying myself properly, and in the most advantageous way for me tax-wise?
- Do I need help choosing and implementing a practical bookkeeping solution?
- Will the state of my bookkeeping save or cost me money at tax time?
- Is my business and personal activity kept separate?
- Do I know how to properly define/pay both a contract vendor and an employee?
- Am I subject to sales or franchise taxes?
- Is there a contingency plan or exit strategy in place, in the event of a change?
- Do I have the time, capability, and desire to handle these tasks – or would I rather spend my time and resources doing what I love and leaving these things to a trusted expert instead?
We take the success of your business seriously.
Contact us today!
Paige Hudson: firstname.lastname@example.org